The 20-year-old winger is confident that the Essevee will surely avoid the drop at the end of the campaign as they are currently flirting with relegation in the league standings so far this term
Ghanaian youngster Joseph Opoku has boldly declared that his side Zulte Waregem will maintain their Belgian Pro League status come on the final day of the 2025-26 season.
The ex-Great Corinthians FC winger is more than convinced that the Belgian top-flight campaigners have what it takes to survive relegation, with the Elindus Arena outfit told they have ''a strong team'' to be able to do so with the remaining five matches to be played in the current campaign.
Speaking in an interview, the Ghana U20 star has told Belgian newspaper Gazet van Antwerpen: ''Believe me, we definitely won't be playing in those Relegation Play-offs. We have a strong team, and everyone is convinced that we have enough to show for those remaining five matches to secure a safe spot in the final standings.''
He added on his readiness ahead of their clash with Anderlecht on Sunday: ''It's not in my hands, though. I'm fully focused on Essevee, and if the national coach decides I'm eligible for selection, I'll of course be ready.''
Opoku has already figured in 23 appearances by scoring 5 goals and setting up another 3 for Zulte Waregem across all competitions, with his side currently occupying the 12th position with 29 points in the league standings so far this season.
He is yet to earn his cap with the Ghana senior national team on the international stage having featured 4 times for the Ghana U20 national youth team.

